Staying in Dorset this weekend? There's lots going on whether you're after something Easter-themed or not. Here's our guide to what's on.
- If it's Easter egg hunts you're after, see our round-up here
We will update this story with any event cancellations due to the weather
1. The seventh annual Big Bournemouth Beer Festival takes place at the BIC this weekend. The event will be held in the Purbeck Hall from Good Friday to Easter Monday with ticketed sessions on Friday and Saturday along with a ‘Sup-up Sunday’ non-ticketed session with no admission fee. Besides beer, there will also be 'pub grub' on offer including sausages, pie and roast of the day plus live music.
2. A four-day Easter fayre comes to Poole Park this weekend. Between Good Friday and bank holiday Monday, there will be performances from The Dolphin Marching Band and Wessex Majorettes plus zumba, a bouncy castle, games, children's rides and a tombola. There will also be a PDSA dog show on Sunday at 2pm. Owners can register their pets at 1pm. The event takes place from 10am each day and entry is by donation.
3. Join the Great Dorset Arts and Crafts weekend at Upton House this Easter weekend. Get your shopping fix with a range of artisan and craft stalls from March 27 to 28. Entry is £1 per adult.
4. Make an Easter decoration out of clay on a turn-up workshop at Moors Valley country park and forest near Ringwood on Sunday from 10.30am to 11.30am and from 1pm and 2pm. No need to book.
5. An Easter craft and garden fair will take place at the Somerley estate in Ringwood from Saturday, March 26 until Monday, March 28. The event will feature demonstrations, exhibitions and stalls. Admission is £4.50 for adults and free for children.
6. The Friends of Boscombe Chine Gardens hold an Easter family fun day on Saturday between 11am and 4pm. The event includes a nature trail quiz, a ‘scuffs’ dog show, live music and children’s attractions and activities.
7. A host of Easter-themed free family fun will be taking place at Saxon Square Shopping Centre on Saturday. From 11am to 4pm, children will be able to make their own Easter bunny ears and tail in a craft workshop and then take on a treat trail around the shops in search of some chocolate prizes. For more information on the event, go to Saxon-square.co.uk or call 0161 602 8222.
8. The Allendale Centre is hosting an Easter Comedy Extravaganza on Saturday from 7pm. Tickets cost £12 per person for the show at the centre on Hanham Road which are available in advance by going to Theallendale.org or by calling the box office on 01202 887247.
9. A vintage, collectables and craft fair is being held at Cranborne village hall on Water Street on Saturday. The event takes place from 9.30am to 3.30pm featuring a host of items for sale, as well as tea and homemade cakes.
10. Take part in a sprout tossing contest in the New Forest. The competition takes place between 2.30pm and 5pm on Saturday at Milford Community Centre.All welcome and spectating is free.