DORCHESTER Tennis & Squash Club's second team playing in the Dorset Squash Summer Cup won the Division Three title beating a very good Milford side in the final.

With only four players available for the final the team picked itself at Bournemouth Squash Club.

However, Giles Watts injured himself the night before the final and was unable to play.

Fortunately Shaun Dunn stepped in and cancelled his planned activities for the Saturday so that the team would have a full complement of players for the final.

Having not picked up a racket for three months while working in the USA at summer sports camps the team's number one Ben Skidmore looked a little rusty on court.

However, his long reach, accurate volleying and tight drives meant he was always in control of his match and won comfortably 3-0 against Arni Badami.

Team captain Gary Biles recently joined the club after 25 years playing and running successful teams at the now closed Weymouth Squash Club.

Playing at number two, he made a poor start in each of the first two games against Stuart Belbin and lost them both.

The third game was much closer and at 8-8, Belbin called for a single deciding point and tinned the next serve to give Biles the game.

Although he lost the next game and the match 3-1 the single game won would turn out to be a decisive one.

The fourth string match was next on court with Ian Nowell-Smith representing Dorchester.

Having the unenviable record of not having won a match leading up to the final he was clearly saving his best until last.

He outplayed his opponent, James Morris, all around the court and despite a minor scare at 7-4 down in the third game he won the match 3-0 and gave the Dorchester team an unassailable lead in the overall match.

Although the third string match was now a dead rubber, Shaun Dunn put on a good show against Carl Boettger.

Both players enjoyed the match without any pressure on them and Boettger ran out the winner 3-0.

All four matches were played a very good and friendly spirit with everyone enjoying the day.

The overall match score ended 2-2 with Dorchester winning on games countback 7-6.

After winning many Dorset Leagues and cups at Weymouth Squash Club Biles said “I'm extremely pleased to bring back some silverware for his new “squash home” at Dorchester.”